November 8, 2011

hello, wound. have some salt.

Yesterday was one of those days. Allow me to introduce into evidence: the kitchen wall.

Andy was sent to time out for smothering his brother with the couch cushion. While he was in time out, I decided to change Rowan's diaper. I could hear an unfamiliar sound coming from the kitchen, but without being able to see him or identify it by ear, I simply said "You are not supposed to be moving while you're in time out." He stopped. Once the time out was over, I walked over to him, bent down to his level (like all the books say you're supposed to do) and reiterated to him why he went to time out blah, blah, blah. It was over. And I didn't ever make eye contact above counter-height.

Which was when Andy proudly said, "Look, Mommy. I ruined your wall."

Can you see it? The photo's not great. Here's what he did: he put his fingers on the wick of that candle (which had been inside our jack-o-lantern and was just hanging out there on the counter waiting to be put away -- by Mommy, I guess -- even though I'm not the one that made the jack-o-lantern. ahem.), broke off a piece, and then smeared it on the wall, ever so artistically.

And it doesn't come off. 


That was just one, of many "challenging" situations we had yesterday. Many. Many. Many.

Now, I know I'm supposed to be posting about being grateful this month, and this story doesn't really fit the bill; but I think I can still pull it back, and tie it all together. . .

Today, I am grateful that Yesterday is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment