July 19, 2011

forgive me, i am not a food photographer.

But I am an expert food eater, so I can promise you that the dishes we made with our market finds tasted way better than they look in some of these photos!  Let's just say you'll have to trust me on this one!

I'd say the biggest surprise was the arugula salad we made with a recipe for Radish Salad from The Book of Tapas. It was a hit! The dressing is made with plain yogurt, so even though it looks rich (which it is), it's not as heavy as it would be if it were made with mayo or some other creamy base. We added walnuts to the salad for some extra crunch. They worked nicely with the pepperiness of the radishes.

We also sauteed some brussels with pancetta and the sweet onions that we picked up from the market


grilled the corn


and made a potato, parsley and scallion salad.


Like I said before, the pictures really don't do it justice. The ingredients were so fresh they made all of these simple dishes something more special than they usually would be. Wish we could have shared them with you!

Oh, sweet, sweet, summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment