May 15, 2013

stir-fried millet with spring veggies.


Do you love millet? Because I really do. I first fell in love with it when I cooked Martha Stewart's Curry Chickpea Potpie recipe years ago. It is tasty, it's filling, and it doesn't make a dent on the scale. So when I saw this recipe for Springtime Stir-fried Millet, I decided it would have to be one of our first vegetarian recipes to try out. It was super-easy and delicious. (If you really want to see how beautiful it can look, check out the pictures on Cookie and Kate's blog.)

We adapted it from the original by using regular low-sodium soy sauce instead of shoyu, and added some broccoli to make it feel like a heartier meal, but otherwise stuck to the recipe as-written. Tom took the leftovers to work the next day and was still a happy customer, so I'm pretty confident it's a good one! Let me know if you try it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment